Monday, October 4, 2010

Outbreak!

Last week one of my roommates, Stephanie, threw out some very dangerous words. After talking and praying about all of our teams various sicknesses and pains, Stephanie had the audacity to say, "I'm feeling very lucky that I'm not sick or anything!" I told her not to worry, there was still plenty of time... Well, she definitely should have been knocking on any one of the many wooden surfaces in our little room. The very next morning when she woke up... her eyes were swollen shut! PINK EYE! aka - Sore Eyes here in Manila. Since Thursday morning, the nasty 'sore eyes' have spread to another one of our roommates, Janelle... then 2 days later to ME! Thankfully, I was able to start administering the eye drop drugs pretty immediately, so the redness in my eyes hasn't gotten out of control, but they still sting and I've pulled out some pretty gnarly eye boogers! EW.
I am grateful to be in a country where the eye drops can be found in any drug store, for about $6. I might try to stock up here... cuz there's no doubt the drops are at least 10 times that much in the States! I really hope to beat this nasty sickness quick! PLEASE pray that the outbreak would stop at me. Pray for the health and safely of our team. We are feeling super blessed to be here... I can't believe there's only one more week until we board a plane back to L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment