Friday, January 14, 2011

A job?

Sorry for my absence in the blogosphere. I was holding out in a way, hoping that I might be able to give you fantastic news of a new job!!! But alas, I am still unemployed.

I had two good interviews with a marketing/fundraising company last week. I wasn't sure why they wanted to talk to me since I don't seem to have much relevant experience. But I was encouraged by their pursuit and I was getting really excited about their work and about learning some skills in the marketing/fundraising field. I thought I may have impressed them with my nerdy engineering background and knack for details. Holding on to the sliver of hope. But sadly, I got the rejection email today.

Blah. Discouragement. Questions. Frustration. Sadness. Disappointment.

But this is not the end. My identity is not wrapped up in this job or any job. I am a beloved child of God and that alone determines my worth. And I trust (at least in this moment) that God has a plan, a better plan.

Praying for discernment for the next step in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment