Friday, September 3, 2010

Update Letter - Sept 2010


Greetings!

I’m writing to you in my last week here in Denver! I can’t believe how fast the summer has passed and now I’m just days away from picking up and moving to Los Angeles! So many changes and unknowns loom in the distance which bring unpredictable bouts of excitement, sadness, thankfulness, anxiety, worry, and joy! There are so many emotions running through my body right now, but I need to remember to breathe and trust that God will take care of the future, one day at a time.

My last day of work was almost 2 weeks ago now, and I’ve spent my days since then moving out of my lovely studio apartment and spending lots of time with family and friends. My parents and I all moved down to my brother’s house during this season of transition and it’s been fun and interesting to all be in the same house again – with a few welcome additions of course! :) I was hoping this would be a time of rest and preparation, but it has proved to be very full, chaotic, and exhausting. Please pray that I would find time within the chaos to pursue the Lord and prepare my heart and mind for the season ahead.

There are so many updates and praises in regards to my upcoming internship with Servant Partners in L.A. since my last official letter. First, thanks to many wonderfully supportive friends, including my church here in Denver, I can joyfully report that I am fully funded for the 2-year internship costs with SP! What a blessing! Thanks to all of you! Also, my 2 roommates (Stephanie and Grace) and I have secured an apartment in L.A.! It’s a 3 bedroom place in a 4-unit apartment building right in the heart of our ministry neighborhood. We feel very blessed that the Lord provided this place for us and look forward to all the times ahead in the neighborhood. We have already run into a few hiccups as the first roommate has begun to move in. Please pray that all the details are worked out immediately and that this place would be a safe and fun home and a place of refuge for all 3 of us in this next season of life! Finally, I have not yet been able to secure a regular day job to cover my daily expenses. Please pray that I would be diligent in searching for a job and that the Lord would provide the right opportunity at the right time.

My schedule over the upcoming few weeks should be exciting and a bit crazy. I am planning to arrive in L.A. with my parents on September 10, then start official SP meetings and orientation on September 14, then jump on a plane to Manila on September 21 for our 3-week international introduction to slum ministry! I am really looking forward to all of these events and can’t wait to report back to you soon! Be sure to check my blog and look for another update letter sometime after my return from the Philippines.

I am utterly grateful for all of your love and support throughout this journey! I look forward to your continued partnership over the next 2 years of this internship. Please partner with me in prayer for the Servant Partners ministry in L.A. and around the world, for our new community in South L.A., and for my walk with the Lord and His calling on my life. Please visit my blog (address below) often and show your encouragement by commenting as much as possible! Love you!

MANY Blessings on your Life,
Ali Fraze

Blog: www.AliFraze.blogspot.com

Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Deuteronomy 8:2-3

2 comments:

  1. Support, support, support! I'm gonna miss you - but this will be such an amazing thing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to get your update. I look forward to hearing how the transition to LA is going for the three of you. Then, of course, updates on your continuing adventures. Be wise, be safe, be yourself and Godspeed.
    dick brandow

    ReplyDelete