Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Development Plan

As we move into the second year of the Servant Partners internship, our individual ministry will be influenced by our personal development plans. After getting some great insights from our gifts projects, we were encouraged to determine a few areas that we would like to work on developing further. These areas could be primarily ministry focused or they could be primarily focused on personal healing and growth.

In response to my findings in the gifts project, there are a few things that seemed to stand out to me in terms of areas that could use some growth. First, I'd like to learn to be a bit more self-aware and self-caring. Second, I'd like to work on growing in confidence and authority and developing some of the potential word gifts - teaching, pastoring, exhortation. And finally, I'd like to move forward in determining whether or not God might be calling me to a long-term ministry role in Bolivia. All of this is addressed in my personal development plan. If you are interested in the specifics, please see below.

I am really looking forward to this year! I have high hopes for the ways that the Lord will grow and stretch me in new ways.

-------------------------------------------------

Development Plan 08/17/2011

Ali Fraze, SPLAT second year intern

This past year of the internship has been full of challenges, surprises, and opportunities to grow. I am so thankful for these opportunities and really want to press into more of these places so that I can be faithful in this season of character building and preparation for whatever is next. A few of the areas that seem especially pressing in this season are growing in using my words, overcoming feelings of timidity and inadequacy, and learning to better understand myself and how I interact with and experience God.

The following are some of the ways that I believe God might be calling me to grow in these areas.

HHH (Healthy Holy Habits):

- Commit to journaling each night to grow in self-reflection (Daily Examen)

- Aim to block out a 12-hr chunk each week to devote to Sabbath (partner w/ Tabor, either literally or by means of accountability)

- Try out a quarterly personal retreat for prayer and reflection (partner w/ Tabor)

Ministry:

- Commit to a second year of teaching at the Adventures Ahead after-school program to grow in teaching, leadership, and authority.

- Continue to stay plugged into Children’s ministry at Redeemer as a means of developing teaching gifts and maintaining relationships w/ Friday night kids

- Look into possibly tutoring and/or developing a mentor relationship with my young neighbor friend

- Keep up with the aerobics class. I don’t really intend to go in with a “ministry” purpose, but it’s a great way to meet more women in the neighborhood, and I enjoy it!

Future:

- Research ministries currently working with the urban poor in La Paz, Bolivia

- Contact interesting ministries and make arrangements to meet with them while in Bolivia to get a vision of their work and team dynamics

- Complete a site visit to Bolivia!

Reading:

- Sabbath Keeping by Lynne M. Baab

- No Graven Image by Elisabeth Elliot

Mentors:

- Talk to someone who has overcome fear/timidity/anxiety in order to minister more effectively

- Talk to someone who can give me wisdom in regards to growing in leadership and authority

No comments:

Post a Comment