Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Festivities

Although I spent my Christmas many miles away from my awesome family, it was still a good one! On Christmas Eve I went hiking with my roommate Stephanie and her parents at Griffith Park (around the Hollywood sign). And then that evening we went to the candlelight service at a big church in Pasadena - Lake Avenue. On Christmas, my roommate Grace and another teammate Kyle and I drove down to San Diego. We enjoyed a multi-course Asian themed progressive lunch in the Kearny Mesa neighborhood. Then we drove over to La Jolla to gawk at the funny seals lounging on the beach and and the amazingly beautiful landscape. For an alternate explanation of the festivities, check out Grace's blog here.) When we got back to L.A., Stephanie and her parents had prepared a full turkey and fixings Christmas dinner for us to enjoy with them! It was quite delicious and fun to enjoy a little family feel. And then we opened Christmas presents! Steph's parents even made sure that each of us had a couple of gifts to open! And they got our household a whole basket full of delicious organic edibles to fill our cabinets. What a blessing! Enjoy the pics! I hope your Christmas was fabulous and special too! What did you do?

1 comment:

  1. Oh! The food pics are glorious! Glad you had a nice Christmas with friends and pseudo-family. My brother and sister-in-law (and niece-to-be) were able to make it to Wyoming to be with my parents. Praying for you, Ali, as you begin the new year!

    ReplyDelete