Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer Salutations

Happy summer! Here in Denver, we had a very late winter; our last blizzard was on May 1st! But spring has sprung and there are signs of summer all around! As a few of my major commitments wind down, I'm getting ready to thoroughly enjoy this last CO summer. I hope you and yours have an amazing summer as well!

Only 3 Months Left Until My Departure!
Everything is getting very real. In three months I will be boarding a plane to Bolivia, with the mindset of making it my new and long term home. While my heart aches to be leaving my family and friends and my beloved Colorado, I am confident that the future will hold even greater things!

Three months may seem far off to some of you, but in reality it's just around the corner and there is so much to do! I would like to give you a quick update on one of the biggest things - my ministry fundraising. Currently, donations have come in to cover about 66% of my $4500 start-up costs.  But I have less than 10% of the monthly commitments I need to cover my $1500 monthly budget. As you can see, I have a long way to go! Would you consider joining my ministry team as a monthly financial partner?

I have already reserved my spot in language school, which is scheduled to start at the beginning of September! But in order to make it to language school, I will need to buy plane tickets and apply for my visa. I am hoping to submit my paperwork for my visa during my upcoming trip to LA (June 7-17), but I will need plane tickets first, and I can't do any of this until all of my $4500 start-up costs are raised! But the more urgent need is to build up my long term monthly supporter base.A few of you have told me that you want to become financial partners, but have yet to submit your donation. If you have been waiting until my departure gets closer or have simply forgotten to donate, please don't wait any longer! And if you have submitted a donation, but haven't received a "thank you" from me, please let me know, because this means it has not shown up in my account.

If you would like to give, follow these easy steps:
1 - Visit www.wordmadeflesh.org/support/give
2 - Select your preferred donation method (credit card, check, or auto withdrawal)
3 - Designate your gift for "Staff Ali Fraze"

I am planning to focus much more on fundraising in the next couple of months. I would love to sit down with you and tell you more about the ministry of Word Made Flesh Bolivia and how you can get involved! If you have a minute, please watch this short video about the ministry. I am trying to individually contact many of you about becoming monthly ministry partners, but if you haven't heard from me yet and would like to initiate this conversation, please be my guest!

While at times I feel overwhelmed in the face of this fundraising challenge, I am also feeling very hopeful. I am confident that the Lord has given me this calling to Bolivia and that he will provide the means to get me there. Please join me in praying for God's favor and provision.   


Thank you for your faithful partnership over the years! Your friendship is such a blessing to me! 

Learning to trust,
Ali Fraze

No comments:

Post a Comment