Sunday, July 11, 2010

God is Good... ALL the time!

Over the last year and a half here in Denver, I have been blessed to be able to be a part of a great church - Denver Community Church (http://www.denverchurch.org/). The people are amazing, the teaching and leadership are incredible, and the community and fellowship that I've gained have been life-changing! Growing up, I never really understood the point of church. I mean why can't I just have my own personal relationship with God, do it by myself, keep it to myself, and forget about wasting so much time going to church. Well, fortunately, the Lord has completely changed my view of church over the last several years. I know now that I am completely powerless in my own strength and willpower to walk this journey alone. I need the love and support and community of other believers to encourage me on my walk and pick me up when I fall. I've also learned that I grow and develop most in my relationship with the Lord when I am committed to a small group. This group setting allows me to be challenged and keeps me accountable in my daily walk with the Lord. I have been so richly blessed by an incredible, eclectic, amazing small group of women during my time here with DCC. God is good!

Anyway... I spoke with the outreach pastor at my church a couple months ago about my plans to move to L.A. for this internship. He invited me to fill out a Mission Opportunity request form and meet with the Missiology Team to tell them more about this opportunity, more about myself and my heart, where I am at with fundraising/preparations, and how they might be a part of this journey with me. After meeting with the Missiology Team at DCC, I was completely encouraged! These people share my heart for reaching out to the poor and completely understood my call and vision for this next phase of my life! A few days later they emailed me to let me know that they would like to cover the rest of my expenses for the internship!!! I was blown away and nearly started crying in my cubicle... :) I praise God for his continual provision and constant faithfulness! FEELS GREAT TO BE FULLY FUNDED!

I feel so blessed to have found the amazing community of DCC. I am so excited that they want to partner with me in this journey and can't wait to see what it will look like to keep them involved in these next 2 years with Servant Partners in L.A. (I even got a little blurb on their website. Check it out!) Thank you, DCC, for your enouragement and love!

This whole post makes me think of a song. It's the one song that I usually sing to my little nephew, Caleb. It's a really simple, but beautiful spanish praise song. (Good thing it's only 4 lines, because my horrible memory can't handle any more than that!)

Tu fidelidad es grande,
Tu fidelidad incomparable es,
Nadie como tu, bendito Dios,
Grande es tu fidelidad

Your faithfulness is big,
Your faithfulness is incomparable,
There is no one like you, holy God,
Big is your faithfulness

So true. Are are SO faithful, Lord. Thank you for your love and provision! I am overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment