Sunday, July 11, 2010

Support/Update Letter - May 2010

In case you missed it... here is the support/update letter that I sent out in May. I plan to send out another update letter before heading to L.A., so keep an eye out for the next one. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello! ¡Les envio saludos desde Colorado! I pray you are doing well and are excited for the upcoming summer! I am definitely anxious to enjoy the beautiful Colorado sun with lots of camping, hiking, and sports… that is if the cold and rain ever let up!






The last couple of years of my life here in Denver have been filled with challenges and successes as I’ve begun to settle into my young career in Civil Engineering. I’ve learned so much and have really grown personally, professionally, and spiritually. I’ve been incredibly blessed by a great church and small group, a good job, and fun times with my family. It’s been especially amazing to be a new “Tia” (Aunt) to my awesome nephew, Caleb (smelling flowers in the above picture :)).

While all of these things have been so wonderful, the Lord continues to tug at my heart to be more involved with advancing His Kingdom in a ministry setting. God has really shaped my heart through my experiences serving abroad in Bolivia and Costa Rica, as well as here in Denver, and has truly given me a passion to live and serve among the ‘least of these’(Matt 25:40). Several months ago I attended a huge Christian missions conference in St. Louis and learned about an exciting urban ministry organization called Servant Partners. The last couple of months have been a whirlwind, but I have since applied to, interviewed for, and been accepted into the Servant Partners 2-year internship program in Los Angeles, CA! The internship will be an intense experience of pursuing what it means to serve the poor in the city. It will include a short-term trip to an international urban slum community (most likely Manila, Philippines), in-depth study of the Bible as well as other ministry-oriented books, living in a poor community in LA and building relationships with my neighbors, learning how to effectively write devotionals and sermons, pioneering a ministry project in the community, and exploring and developing my spiritual gifts and individual talents. I will also work a full or part time job to pay for my day-to-day expenses.

Your love throughout the years has been a constant encouragement in my life! As I embark on this new adventure, there are several ways I would deeply appreciate your support.
1. Prayer - I will need a lot of prayer as this will be an intense and challenging next 2 years!
2. Financial Contribution - I need to raise $4,000 to cover program expenses. This amount will cover the international trip and the urban ministry training for the next two years.
3. Job Leads - If you are aware of any Civil Engineering related career opportunities in the LA area, please let me know. I would also be open to other fields of work if you feel they might complement my heart and skill set.

If you would like to support me financially, I would be incredibly blessed! I need to have a significant chunk of my support raised by June 15 and the entire sum by August 10. If you’d like to write a check, please make it out to “Servant Partners” and mail it to: P.O. Box 92493, Pasadena, CA, 91109. In the memo line of your check, please be sure to write “Intern-Fraze” (you will be sent a tax-deductible receipt for you contribution). If you’d prefer to give online, visit the Servant Partners website (see link below), click on the “Donate Now” link at the bottom of the page and designate your donation “Other: Intern-Fraze”. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more details!

Thank you so much for allowing me to share my excitement with you about what the Lord is calling me to do and for considering how you can be involved in this journey with me! Your continual partnership with me in the work of His Kingdom is such a blessing!



In Christ,
Ali Fraze

http://www.servantpartners.org/



“As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment