Thursday, July 15, 2010

You did WHAT???

I quit my job! (Or gave notice, that is.) In this economy? Yeah, I know... weird, huh? Or maybe dumb? But this is when I step out and learn to TRUST. God will provide, he has a plan. Lord, what is your plan? :)

Yikes... this all just became VERY real. I'm really doing this. On Wednesday I broke the news to my boss that I would be moving to L.A. at the end of August for the Servant Partners internship. It was surreal. But the last 2 years (almost) working at Michael Baker have been great! I've met some really amazing people, learned quite a bit about hydrology and hydraulics, became a Certified Floodplain Manager (oh yeah!), lost every single game on our office softball team, and survived MANY hours in a cubicle! But seriously, I'm so thankful for these last 2 years and will be very sad to leave Baker behind.



It was quite a rush quitting my job. I felt... excited, anxious, nervous, emotional, not sure what! But as I was leaving work that day, a song lyric came on the radio that really struck home, made me tear up, and gave me some much needed comfort.

♪♪ You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms
♪♪

Amen to that. Thank you, Lord. I'm stepping out in faith, knowing that I am safe in your arms.

1 comment:

  1. There is but a fleeting wind
    A pallid thought arose again
    In my heart, remembering
    Your laughter

    Like cherubic strummings
    And in your mind the faithful hummings
    Of a heart ready, true
    At lease from my encumbered point of view

    We melt away what is past
    To become ourselves
    At last, another iteration
    To reach that perpetual sensation

    And Oh! How it must be
    When we transcend our misery
    Through struggle and temporality
    To avert the Original meloncholy

    So off you go and sail away
    On that Baby's Breath of breezes
    Follow that which men have sought
    And pray it is Life that seizes
    Your hearts greatest wish

    ReplyDelete