Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seeking the Lord's plan... aka Following the Cloud

Shortly after learning about the internship opportunity with Servant Partners, the Lord really spoke to me through this incredible passage of scripture. I'd been somewhat trudging through the Old Testament books, seeking to learn more about God's amazing faithfulness toward the Israelites, His chosen people. I was anxious to be wrapping up another book, when this passage at the end of Exodus really grabbed my attention.

"In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out - until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and the fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels." Exodus 40:36-38

How awesome is that! The Lord led every move the Israelites made; all they had to do was look toward the cloud and they would know His will. Seems so simple. While it might not be as easy to know God's leading today... I do believe that we can know His will by constantly seeking His face. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33

Thus the title of this blog… :) I aspire to seek the Lord every single day and know His good and perfect will. I pray that I would be faithful in seeking the Lord's face and looking to Him for guidance before stetting out. He is so good and faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment